I have the privilege of working with a number of exceptional graduate students and research colleagues in industry.
I am always looking for new students and industry collaborators!
Prospective and Existing Ph.D. Students
If you’re a prospective Ph.D. candidate, please apply to our Ph.D. program in Data Science and Operations. Please specify in your application that you are interested in working with me, and what types of research problems excite you!
Ph.D. candidates are admitted and funded by the school, not by individual faculty. Consequently, all applications are reviewed by a committee, and my opinion is only one of many. Questions about the Ph.D. program should be directed to the Coordinator, Prof. Wen Sun or the OM Ph.D. program coordinator Prof. Greys Sosic.
If you’re an existing Ph.D. student at USC and want to collaborate on a project, please:
- Check to make sure it’s ok with your advisor.
- Take a look at some of my research papers.
- Email me so we can talk about your research so far, and what kinds of problems you want to collaborate on.
Master’s and Undergraduate Students
I sometimes computational projects suitable for ambitious Master’s and Undergraduate students. These projects are fairly technical, so an ideal candidate would have
- A strong mathematical/quantitative background.
- A strong working knowledge of mathematical optimization including convex optimization and duality.
- Strong programming skills (Julia, Python R, or other). Ideally, you would be comfortable using software to solve custom optimization problems.
If that’s you, please email me! Please include details about
- Why you want to do a research project
- Your coursework in optimization and data science
- Your experience with programming
- Any research ideas or problems
I’m always excited to connect new collaborators focused on making a positive impact. I have previously worked in supply-chain, analytics, healthcare, finance and a some non-profit, government agencies. Please just send me an email and we can schedule a time to talk.