If you're curious, please check out:
- About Me or my CV to read a bit more
- Publications or my Google Scholar for some of my academic papers
- Teaching for some resources I use in my classroom
Interested in working/collaborating with me?
- June 2021 - I finished designing and teaching three new classes this past semester: a PhD Class on "Stochastic Foundations of Prescriptive Analytics", a PhD workshop on "Expositional Writing for Mathematics", and Marshall's "Undergraduate Honors Research Seminar." Check out my Teaching page to learn more about the classes and my great students!
- June 2021 - Our paper "Deploying an Artificial Intelligence System for COVID-19 Testing at the Greek Border" (with Hamsa Bastani and Kimon Drakopoulos) was named a finalist in the Post-Pandemic Supply-Chain and Healthcare Management Conference's Best Paper Competition.
- May 2021 - My doctoral student Michael Huang was awarded the Marshall School of Business PhD Student Outstanding Researcher Award. This award is allocated to one student at Marshall each year. Congratulations, Michael!
- May 2021 - Prof. Kimon Drakopoulos and I are honored to received the Dr. Jagdish Sheth Award for Impact of Research on Practice for our work with the Greek Government managing their COVID-19 response.
- Mar. 2021 - I am honored to have been promoted to an Associate Professor with tenure!
- Feb. 2021 - A preprint describing our COVID-19 work with Greece and its effectiveness is now available.
- Jan. 2021 - Entrepreneur published a short article on our project on deploying Greece's COVID-19 screening policy at the border (with Kimon Drakopoulos and Hamsa Bastani).
- Jan. 2021 - I am honored to have been selected to serve as an Associate Editor for MSOM.
- Dec. 2020 - PhocusWire (a UK Travel News Site) covered our joint project on deploying Greece's COVID-19 screening policy at the border (with Kimon Drakopoulos and Hamsa Bastani).
- Nov. 2020 - My paper Data Pooling in Stochastic Optimization with N. Kallus was accepted to Management Science.
- Nov. 2020 - My co-author Kimon Drakopoulos and I were invited to a webinar with the Dean on our joint project (with Hamsa Bastani) about deploying a COVID-19 screening policy for Greece.
- Nov. 2020 - My collaborator Hamsa Bastani gave an awesome talk at Simons Institute on our joint project (with Kimon Drakopoulos) about designing COVID-19 screening policies for Greece.
- Nov. 2020 - My student Michael Huang gave a great talk on our paper (with Paat Rusmechientong) on Learning Policy Performance in the Small-Data, Large-Scale Optimization Regime at the INFORMS Annual Conference.
- Nov. 2020 - I gave a talk on my joint project (with Hamsa Bastani and Kimon Drakopoulos) on Deploying a Real-Time, Data-Driven COVID-19 Screening Policy at the Greek at the INFORMS Annual Conference.